Re-entry After Prison
If you’ve spent time in prison, don’t feel that you don’t have a chance to find a job. There are a number of resources and places that are ready to offer work experiences to you. As a first step, you should talk with your case manager.
Use Colorado 211 to search for re-entry resources where you live. Here are some statewide resources that can help you understand that you have options:
- Community Re-entry: Partnerships for Change
- Own Your Future
- Denver County re-entry resources
- e-Colorado re-entry resources
- Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition
Work Opportunity Tax Credit & The Federal Bonding Program
Your future employer will want to know about these national programs that make you a more desirable employee.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Individual Characteristics Form
- Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request
- The Federal Bonding Program
Do you really know what is on your record? It’s good to know what employers will see when they run your background check. Be prepared for what they will see. Below are two free background reports that can be run every 12 months.